Image Map

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Quick Lemon Pasta with Chicken



Ok, tell me I'm not the only one obsessed with Hallmark Channel's Christmas movies.  When they announced they would be starting on October 31st, I thought; 'well isn't that early?'.  But, I've been glued to them since they started.  Right now, I'm writing to Let it Snow with Candace Cameron; anxiously awaiting the new North Pole movie!  I need to get a life. Or a hobby. Or both.


Do you ever take the hubster grocery shopping with you and forget everything you need?  I had a great Menu Monday post ready for posting on Sunday.  But, I took Maintenance Man to the store with me.  He was in a small hurry and I didn't bring my list.  ARGH!  So, we had none of the ingredients for the menu.

Luckily, I had all the ingredients for this dish.  It's, just like the name says, quick.  But, I love the way the basil and lemon really combine in this dish.


Quick Lemon Pasta with Chicken

Ingredients:

8 oz pasta, cooked according to directions
6 tbsp unmelted butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tsp dried basil
3 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
2 lbs cubed chicken
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions. Melt 3 tbsp butter in a fry pan and saute the chicken until brown.  Then, add 3 tbsp butter, lemon juice, basil, garlic powder, and lemon pepper seasoning and simmer until butter has melted, stirring to coat the chicken.  Add drained pasta and toss to coat.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana,
    Your Quick Lemon Pasta with Chicken looks great! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great day!
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete