Image Map

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cheesy Cherry Danish

It has been cold here in Texas.  We haven't been above 50 in a week, so, we've been huddled up in the house all weekend.  It would have given me a great opportunity to bake, but I am out of flour.  It would be easy enough to go to the store and buy some, but I don't want to leave my house for work, much less shopping.  I raided the fridge for ingredients.  I found crescent rolls, cream cheese, pie filling.....hmmm that sound like the makings of something good.

I have made this before, but used apple pie filling.  I think the fam likes it better than cherry, but they ate it nonetheless.


Cheesy Cherry Danish

Ingredients:

2 cans crescent rolls
2 bricks of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, divided
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbl milk

Directions:

Using one can of rolls, press in to the bottom of a greased 9X13 pan.  Make sure you pinch the seams together.  Beat together the cream cheese, 3/4 cup of powdered sugar,vanilla and the egg white.  Spread over the crescent roll crust.  Then, spread the pie filling over the top.  Lastly, top with the other can of crescent rolls.  Bake at 350˚ for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.  
Whisk together the other 3/4 cup of the powdered sugar and the milk and drizzle over the top.



  

Yum!  On a side note, how do you separate your eggs?  I prefer the old through the fingers trick, but it's messy.



No comments:

Post a Comment