Image Map

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Crock Pot Cranberry Chicken

Seriously,  I cannot believe I haven't blogged this before.  This is an easy mid-week meal; put it in the crock pot and forget about it.

This recipe has a back-story.  When I was pregnant with Riley, I found iVillage.com, a message board site for women.  I joined the September '06 Expecting Club.  We, eventually found our name:  The September '06 Gingersnaps.  Aww, that was a life-time ago.  When the kiddos were about 6 months old, we all decided to have a recipe swap.  This recipe was submitted by one of the mommies.  I made it almost immediately and all fell in love with it. Those babies, are now turning 8!   Sadly, our little board was gobbled up by Facebook.  I lost touch with all the ladies from that board, but I am still Facebook friends with some ladies from a Photoshop board from there.  Now, iVillage, once the go-to site for women, is basically a ghost-town and that is so sad to me.

So, here it is:

Crock-pot Cranberry Chicken

Ingredients:

1# chicken thighs
1 can cranberry sauce
1 bottle of barbecue sauce
1 onion, ringed
1 rib celery, diced
salt and pepper 

Directions:

Salt and pepper the chicken.  Place chicken in the crock-pot.  Cover the chicken with the onion and celery.  Dump the cranberry sauce and onions.  Place the lid on the pot, cook of low for 6-8 hours.  


This chicken comes out of the crock-pot and almost falls off the bone.  We usually have this with mashed potatoes, green beans and some pull-apart bread (also from that recipe exchange).  

I hope you and your family tries it and likes it as much as we do. 

2 comments:

  1. I must try this - sounds like a good flavour combo. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, I can't wait to try this recipe, I love the combination. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great day!
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete