Image Map

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

DIY Fabric Softener

I guess, you can do-it-yourself almost anything.  I have always wanted to make DIY laundry detergent for awhile, now, but always forget to get the supplies needed.  I just love her etched glass containers, too, don't you?

So, you know, how they say out of desperation, comes invention? Yup!  You guess it!  I was completely out of Downy and needed to finish the laundry.  And while I didn't invent it, I did find this diy and decided to give it a go.


I used Suave green apple conditioner that I had it left over from my diy detangler try.  (fyi, it works really well, even on boys hair!)  I also halved her recipe since my Downy jug was 2.3L and not a full gallon.





3 cups water
1 1/2 cup white vinegar
1 cup hair condition or your choice.

Mix together. (oh yeah, please don't shake...it will bubble. Embarrassed to say I didn't listen.)

First load of towels are out.  I used the measuring cap from the Downy bottle in the rinse cycle. They are soft but  I wish they had more scent to them.  I'll finish out the rest of the bottle. Maybe it'll grow on me. I don't know.

What DIY's have you done lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment