Image Map

Monday, October 7, 2013

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

I have to confess, I have never made beef stroganoff on my own.  Oh, sure, I've made hamburger beef stroganoff, but it's just not the same.

I found a great recipe from www.bettycrocker.com and decided to try it.


Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients

2 pounds stew meat
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jar (6 oz) mushrooms
1 8oz container of sour cream
1 8oz brick of cream cheese, cubed
salt and pepper, to taste
noodles or rice

Directions

In your crock pot, mix beef, soups, onion and mushrooms.  Cover and cook on low until beef is tender, around 8 hours.
Stir cream cheese into beef mixture until well melted.  Stir in sour cream.  Serve with hot noodles or rice.  

I absolutely love a recipe I can toss in and forget about.  This was a great one.


1 comment:

  1. This is a very intriguing recipe. I must say, the chicken soup is a surprise. I think have to try it! Thanks so much for sharing on Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete