The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: "Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogoshere."
The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer 10 questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award! Don't forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!
Here we go! Ten questions:
1. Favorite color: Purple
2. Favorite animal: I am a cat person. To prove it? We have 3 indoor cats! Yep..3.
3. Favorite number: 23
4. Favorite drink: I would have to turn in my Texan card if I didn't list sweet tea as a favorite drink. ;) But, I equally love Dr Pepper.
5. Facebook or Twitter: Hands-down, Facebook. I spend way too much time there.
6. Good Book or a Good Movie: Good Book
7. My Passion: To raise good men.
8. Giving or getting presents: Oh giving, for sure. I love seeing the excited face of anyone on the receiving end.
9. Favorite day of the year: Christmas. Not for the presents, but for the Religious reasons.
10. Favorite flowers: Gerbera Daisies
Now, for my picks. I had to choose only 10?!?!? That was incredibly difficult for me. But, here they are:
Now, on to my regularly scheduled post. :) We had Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes. It was a big hit with the family. Well, except the 5 year old. He spit it out. lol. I did not take pictures because, I guess as with all other comfort food recipes, it wasn't very pleasing to the eye. I am going to share the recipe, though because, in my opinion, it's worth it.
Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops & Potatoes
30oz bag of hash browns
1 cup sour cream
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 .5oz envelope ranch seasoning (or 3 Tablespoons)
1 cup shredded colby/monterrey jack cheese
4 pork chops
Stir together hash browns, sour cream and 1 can of soup. ad 1/2 of the ranch seasoning and cheese. Combine and put in the bottom of crock pot.
Add pork chops to the top of the potatoes (I salted and peppered mine)
Mix 1 can of soup and remaining seasoning together. Spoon over the pork chops.
Cook on low 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.