Hamburger Corn Bread Casserole
- 2 lbs ground meat (technically, it does not have to be beef)
- 1 tsp Paula Deen House Seasoning I promise, you will not be sorry when you make this. I use it on anything that mooed in a former life.
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced.
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can beans (I used pinto, but black, Ranch Style or kidney would do), drained
- 1 1/2 cup salsa (I used Maintenance Man's Taco Bell Mild Thick N Chunky Salsa--shhh don't tell him)
- 1 cup cheese
1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 tsp sugar (because I remember it being sweet)
Preheat oven to 375˚ and lightly grease a 9X13 pan, set aside
In a skillet, brown meat with onion and house seasoning until no longer pink. Drain. Add salsa, corn and beans to mixture and heat thoroughly. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Mix cornbread mix. Sprinkle cheese on top of meat mixture and pour cornbread mix over it. Use the back of a spoon to evenly cover the mixture. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into topping comes out clear.
adapted from http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Hamburger-Corn-Bread-Casserole
shared on EMM
Paula Deen's House Seasoning
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container. Can be kept for up to 6 months. It won't last that long, though, because you will use it up long before that. :)
shared on EMM