Image Map

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken and Rice

Ok.  I have found the mystery of why I'm not losing weight.  Well, the other mystery.  The first is the honest fact that I hate to exercise.  The second will come to no surprise to you, either.  If you have hung around my blog for even a minute, you will see all my recipes are wonderful Southern comfort food.  Soul food.  Down home goodness usually made with cream cheese, cream of something or another soups, and cheese.

I can hear Dr Phil in my head "Well, Dana, what's eating you?"  Why can't I just like food? Good food.  Stop analyzing me, Phil!  I'm a Southern Belle who just happens to be a bit bigger than her debutante gown. (no, we did not have debutante parties in Texas, but you get the picture.)

On to the recipe.




Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken and Rice

Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg dry zesty Italian dressing
1/3 cup water
1 can (10.5 oz) each cream of mushroom and chicken soups
1 (8 oz) brick of cream cheese, softened
Cooked rice

Directions

Mix water and dressing together.  Place chicken in bottom of the crock pot and cover with dressing.  Cook on low for about 3 hours.  After 3 hours, you can shred, cube, cut or just leave your chicken whole.  Whisk together soups and cheese, pour over chicken and cook for another 3-4 hours.  Serve with hot rice.


Again, like I said, Southern comfort food. No holds barred on this one.  But, I can tell you...it was good.

Shared with these fabulous parties: All My Bloggy Friends #7Full Plate Thursday
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

5 comments:

  1. This has been on my list to try. I really need to do it! :)I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll share this week! Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you are having a great week and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so honored, Helen! Thanks for having me!!

      Delete