Image Map

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Oven-Fried Chicken


This is one of my go-to recipes.  It's quick and easy.  And the family loves it.  

Being from the South, we love our fried foods. But, let's face it, frying chicken is messy and sometimes, it can hurt.  I searched for a better alternative to all the grease splattering.  I found that many of the oven-fried chicken recipes included corn flakes. I don't want to use corn flakes in my chicken. So, here is our version of oven-fried chicken:

Heat your oven to 425˚.  In a rectangular pan, melt 1/4 cup of butter.  
While the butter is melting, mix together 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp paprika.  No science here, you can use as much or as little of the seasonings as you would like.
You will need 3- 3 1/2 pounds of chicken (I used thighs, because, let's face it, I'm not THAT big on healthy) 
Coat the chicken with the flour mixture and place in your pan, skin-side down. 
Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.  Turn chicken and bake about 30 minutes more or until the juices run clear.
For an added crunch to your crust, you could add some bread crumbs to your coating. And some eggs. And some milk. MMMM  I really need to start eating breakfast.  


click for printable version
Shared at:

You might also like: Coconut Chicken for a change.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm....my mouth is watering! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week and please stop back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete