Image Map

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Pi Day {3.14}

I love pie.  I'm not so good at π.  Luckily, I can make pie. :)

It's very Spring-time in Texas.  We have been hitting 80's all week.  So, I think it is too hot to bake a pie.  So, I'm opting for a no-bake version. One of my family's favorite is a chocolate pudding pie. It's super, super easy {as pie}.





Chocolate Pudding Pie

1 Graham cracker pie crust
1 box chocolate instant pudding
1 tub Cool Whip (divided)
 1 3/4 cup milk 

Mix together milk and pudding mix until well blended.  Fold in 1/2 tub of the Cool Whip.  Transfer pudding mix into the pie crust.  Top with other 1/2 of the Cool Whip.  Chill for about 2 hours and enjoy. 

Optional: add 1/2 tsp mint extract or Creme de Menthe to the pudding mix. And 3 or so drops green food coloring to the topping. {would be perfect for upcoming St. Patty's Day}  I love it this way, but my family does not like mint flavor.  This confuses me... a lot...




Linkin to:
Everyday Mom's Meals

1 comment:

  1. I love cream pies made w/ pudding mix! So easy! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & hope to see you again next week ~EMM

    ReplyDelete