Image Map

Monday, March 7, 2011

Wow! It's Been a Week Since My Last Post!

We have been learning about State Changes in Science this week (Kolby and I that is). I am also a Scentsy Consultant who needed some samples for work. What a great opportunity to combine the two!
First, here is my new candy, or wax, mold:

Next, the pan with water in it, which, of course, is a liquid:

Now, the water is boiling, which makes steam, a gas.

Then, in the wax goes into the top of my home-made double-boiler. And we all know that wax is a solid:

Now, we wait for the wax to melt into a liquid. In the meantime, I thought it would be easier to pour out of a measuring cup, but this is how the wax looked...eww:

So, I gave up on the 'oven' and nuked the wax in 30 second intervals:

The wax is finally melted and poured into the molds:

And after about 7 minutes in the freezer, the wax has transformed back into a solid, and cute little jewels:

No comments:

Post a Comment