Image Map

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Flag Day and Yummy Banana Pudding

Today is Flag Day.  Flag Day is a day to show respect for our flag, it's designers and it's makers.   Our flag is a great reminder of our Independence and the men who died serving to provide and protect it.

Fly your Stars and Stripes proudly today!




Well, more bananas almost bit the dust again.  If it weren't for great banana desserts, my trash would be extremely full of them.  

I realized, after making this, that Kolby and I are the only two in the house that like banana pudding.  What the what?!?  That's un-American, un-Texan and maybe just plain un-human.  No offense to any of  you out there who don't like banana pudding.  I, on the other hand, love banana pudding.  

My mom used to cheat when she made banana pudding and just stir the bananas and wafers into plain vanilla pudding.  (I didn't know it was cheating until I grew up, lol).  But, after having the 'real' stuff as an adult, I can't make it that way anymore. 

We had a day of rain on Tuesday.  Thunderstorms blew through so I unplugged for a couple of hours.  Perfect time for making some 'naner pudding.  







Banana Pudding

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups cold milk
1 pkg (3.9 oz) french vanilla instant pudding
1 pkg (3.9 oz) banana cream instant pudding
1 can condensed milk
1 container of Cool Whip
bananas
'Nilla Wafers

Directions:


Mix the pudding with the cold milk until well mixed.  Stir in the condensed milk until smooth.  Fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip.  
Line the bottom of a baking dish with 'Nilla Wafers, cover with bananas.  Spoon the pudding mixture over the top.  Continue layering until pudding is gone.  Top with the other 1/2 of the Cool Whip; and garnish. 



No, I did not eat this for breakfast; okay I did. And, I just might do it again this morning.  Technically, it IS bananas and milk.  Works for me!

I know, I know, many of you will consider this version a cheater's version, but work with me.  Baby steps, one day I'll make my own custard and meringue.  Just not today.

Shared with: Weekend Potluck

2 comments:

  1. WOW! This sounds great. I just made some nanner pudding last week! My recipe adds cream cheese too. I love the idea of using van AND banana pudding. MMMM! Thanks so much for linking up...and linking back... at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMM! I thought about adding some cream cheese with it as well, but second guessed myself. LOL. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete