Image Map

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Salsa Lime Crock-pot Chicken

Remember Friday, when I told you I had chicken in the crock-pot? 

This chicken was so good, and so easy.  Don't you just love meals that you can prepare in the crock-pot, then basically forget about them?  I do, too!



Salsa Lime Crock-Pot Chicken


Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 cup salsa
flour tortillas
lettuce
cheese
sour cream
...whatever other taco sides you might want. The possibilities are endless. 

Directions:

Place chicken in bottom of crock-pot. 
In a small bowl, mix lime juice with chili powder.
Pour juice over chicken.
Cook on low for 4 hours.
After 4 hours, remove the chicken and shred.
Place the chicken back into the pot and add the salsa. I added a smidge more lime juice here as well.   Let cook for about an hour longer. 
Serve on flour tortillas with your taco sides. 


MMM!  I don't know what it is about lime that just screams summer, but these tacos were great. And, not too hot; not even for maintenance man. 


Linking up: Toot Your Horn Tuesday #1Freedom Fridays #8Patriotic Potluck Weekend #24Church Supper #45




 Love Bakes  Good Cakes

17 comments:

  1. This looks really yummy and easy.. not to mention healthy. These days I am trying to stay away from the bread and more use flat bread or tortillas.
    Thanks for sharing and I am following you from the Monday Mingle Hop. Please follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised that everyone liked these! Even the 5 year old.(he doesn't eat bread, so his was just the chicken).

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for joining me at my first Linky Party, Dana! I like that these are so simple and you don't have to heat up the kitchen! Pinned and I can see them on the menu in the future :) I hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'd join you! I was glad to see you were hosting one.

      Delete
  3. Yumm! That looks delicious! I love lime anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! Always love crock pot recipes. Coming to you from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love the crock pot, especially on these hot Texas days.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing at Weekend Potluck! These sound easy and delish! Our other favorite Mexican crockpot chicken, is 6 frozen chicken breasts, 3/4 cup water and a taco seasoning packet, shred and enjoy in wraps or mexican casserole. YUMMERS!
    Come see us again soon!
    Tonya from 4 little Fergusons

    http://4littlefergusons.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/steak-salad-patriotic-potluck/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the crock pot is my favorite friend especially in the summer. This looks very amazing, I love anything I can roll up in a tortilla especially this flavorful chicken stuffs that you made:) Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to pop over and let you know that I picked your Salsa Lime Chicken as my personal favorite from last weeks Weekend Potluck. I love to use my crock pot in the summer and my family will love this! Thanks again for sharing and I can't wait to see what you bring this week. Be sure and stop by and pick up your featured button from my sidebar. Have a great week!
    ~Kim
    http://sunflowersupperclub.blogspot.com/2012/07/weekend-potluck-25.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feature! I hope you ladies try this, it's so good!

      Delete
  8. This sounds delicious! I'm always on the hunt for great slow-cooked meals!! Pinning :)
    Thank you so much for sharing this along with your other recipes at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting each week, Jaime Lyn. I love crock-pot recipes. Great for cold days AND hot days!

      Delete