Image Map

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Homemade Chili

It was a cold weekend here in Texas.  I spent the most of it in bed...sick.

Oh, btw, maybe I should introduce myself.  I'm Dana, the owner/author of this little blog.  We may have already met, but I have been missing for awhile.  I've been failing trying to get back in the hang of being a working Mom and a great wife, and a great cook. It's hard work, folks!

As I was saying, it was cold here last weekend.  Freeze warning for Sunday night.  We are not used to being this cold this early, but we managed.

I had my crock-pot brewing up this little recipe; waiting for us for when we got home Monday afternoon. {which, btw, warmed up to the middle 60's}  You know what they say about Texas: If you don't like the weather, just wait a couple of minutes, it'll change.

Homemade Chili


Ingredients:

2 lbs ground meat
1 large onion, chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons chili
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained

Directions:

Brown meat in a skillet over medium heat and drain.  Mix beef and remaining ingredients, except beans, in the slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Stir in beans and cook for an additional 15-30 minutes. 

I served with grated cheese, crackers and ketchup. Yes, I said ketchup.  Maintenance Man is sure I have lost my mind when I squeeze the ketchup all over my chili, but I love it!  

What do you eat on your chili?  

 photo ChiliBadge_zps9f32e038.jpg
Link Your Chili

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see you, Dana! Chili is like, my favorite food ever. Your version sounds easy and delicious :) I would have to pass on the ketchup though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, just to let you know that your link to Food on Friday: Slow Cooker was featured in my Need Some Inspiration? Series today. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana,
    It was a cold weekend here in Texas and you Homemade Chili looks delicious, I can't wait to taste it. Thank you so much for sharing it with The Texas Star Chili Cook Off and the best of luck to you!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely a chili-lover! This looks sooooo good. Great for a cold winter's night (which is soon coming upon many of us! )

    ReplyDelete