Image Map

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Can't Believe I Did It!

Last night night's menu was taco salad.  Now, I had never made taco salad before I met maintenance man.  When we got married, he made it one night, but instead of using a taco 'bowl' he used crunched up Doritoes.  It was actually very good.  We have been making them this way ever since.

That is...until last night.  I saw a commercial for a taco salad bowl maker over the weekend.  What a better alternative.  Because they are baked, not fried.  Well, little miss frugality is not going to spend money on something when she has Google.  Google is my friend.  

I found this recipe; or maybe more of a tutorial on how to make them myself.  


Whew..authors note to self. Don't take pictures on your black stove. 

I did skip placing a piece of aluminum foil over the cans just out of sheer forgetfulness, but the tortillas came off just fine.   

Maybe they aren't as 'formed' as they would be if I bought the pan.  But, you know what?  They held my taco salad just fine. ;)




6 comments:

  1. My hubby would LOVE this! Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo -Shar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know mine did. :) Thanks for stopping by, Shar.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so. And maybe a little bit healthier than fried. ;)

      Delete
  3. Nice!!! How fun :) Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & see you again soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hello! I’m stopping in to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop
    this week!

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-7-country-craft.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete