Image Map

Monday, June 18, 2012

Country Fried Steak

I was going to get back in to the habit of making today my Menu Monday post.  My menu is made, and hanging on the fridge.

I had the weekend all planned.  Honey-Mustard Grilled Pork Chops~ yum!  Maintenance Man saw that there was leftover hamburger meat in the fridge, so he made the executive decision to have hamburgers.......again.   I tell ya, I'm running out of ways to season them.  But, this time, I added some Worcestershire sauce and seasoned with Paula Deen's Season All.

Anyway...the pork chops got pushed back to Sunday (supposed to be Lime Grilled Chicken). However, God blessed Texas with some wonderful rain on Sunday afternoon, so no grilling at our house.  But thank You for the rain!

VERY long story short...my menu is all messed up.  I hope he is ready to do some week night grilling. :)



We did a great job sticking to the menu last week. :)


Country-Fried Steak

Ingredients:

1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 pounds cubed steak
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup water

Salt and pepper your steak.  Dredge steak in flour. 
Brown steak in hot oil in batches in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
Remove steak from skillet, set aside.
Add onion to drippings in skillet; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Return steak to skillet; add water and bring to a boil.  Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until tender.  

We, of course, served this with cream gravy and Creamy Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes. 

Delish!



No comments:

Post a Comment