Image Map

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Crock Pot Applesauce Chicken

A new recipe for us.  I had chicken leg quarters that were supposed to go on the grill Sunday night, but with the rain (Thank you, Jesus), we didn't have time enough to grill those.  So, I searched for a new recipe for crock-pot chicken and came up with this one:

Crock-pot Applesauce Chicken

4-6 Chicken breasts, thighs or in my case leg quarters
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup Applesauce
1T Apple Cider Vinegar
1T Apple Juice
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 cloves, garlic (I used about 2tsp garlic powder)
  1. Salt and pepper the chicken pieces.  I also put the garlic on it as well.  
  2. Place chicken in crock pot
  3. Cover chicken with the onion. (you can use 1T onion flakes as well, but if you use this, mix the them with the applesauce)
  4. In a bowl, mix applesauce, cider, juice and cinnamon together
  5. Pour over chicken
  6. Cover and cook 5-7 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high

ETA:  Another hit!  Kids loved it, husband loved it, I loved it.  Woot!  I am definitely on a roll.  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment